PIVOT East, East Africa’s premier mobile startups pitching competition and conference will be held on 15th November 2016 in Nairobi, Kenya. One of the objectives that the event aims to achieve each year is “to raise the quality of mobile startups in the region and to improve their investability”. The 2016 edition is being organized to allow investor’s input upfront at the pitching event.
In the upcoming event, PIVOT East has involved investors as Judges in the selection of the finalists in previous editions. Some of the Investor funds involved in finalist selection were Savannah Fund, Kuramo Capital Management LLC, Novastar Ventures, and TLcom Capital LLP. Other venture capital funds involved were Gray Ghost Ventures, ACCION’s venture labs, the Invested Development,Kaizen Venture Partners,Inventure Management Ltd,Investec Asset Management among others.
PIVOT East are inviting investors to contribute to the quality of startups and their investability hence an enhanced deal pipeline in 2016 and beyond, by participating in this year’s event as a virtual judge to select the finalists of the competition, a judge during the conference and or as an attendee.
Ideal investors for PIVOT East Startups are those who are active and involved in helping to build companies in Africa. Early stage, Angel Investors and patient investors able to pursue deals in East Africa are particularly encouraged to take part.
PIVOT East has been here since 2011 and it being the East Africa’s premier mobile startups pitching annual competition its eye candy for mobile application designers and developers and more so to the investors who makes dreams come true.
Benefits of Joining the PIVOT Pitch Deck
- Deal pipeline access through key information on top 25 startups, from this year and any other PIVOT alumni.
- Potential of being in the panel that determines the 5 Awardees from the 25 finalists in the 5 category
- Investor feedback at preliminary selection stages to inform training, coaching and mentorship program for finalists before the pitching conference.
- Special seat at the pitching conference to interrogate startups as they pitch.
- Assistance to meet startups of interest at the finalists conference.
- Notification of deals closing following PIVOT East interactions to be shared to m:lab East Africa for our own statistics (we will not disclose personal details).
- Institutional investors participating under this framework to be listed in the PIVOT East website
If you are interested to participate in PIVOT East 2016 as an investor, kindly apply HERE. For more information feel free to get in touch with Sheilah Birgen – m:lab East Africa Lead via email email@example.com or Egra Ombati at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Re-Design Your Website Around Powerful Buying Patterns - October 6, 2021
- Facebook Outage: What went wrong? - October 5, 2021
- Facebook’s massive outage costs the company an estimated $60 million in revenue - October 5, 2021