Land Rover is serious about its slogan to “go beyond.” Its latest SUV is one of the most expensive on the market.
Land Rover’s 2016 Holland & Holland Range Rover is a limited edition with a sticker price of $244,500.
Land Rover announced the introduction of the new pinnacle of the Range Rover family, the 2016 Holland & Holland Range Rover. With production of just 30 examples slated to reach American shores, the Holland & Holland Range Rover represents a partnership between two iconic British brands that creates a vehicle which elevates each brand’s reputation for exclusivity, performance and fine bespoke workmanship.
Crafted by the Jaguar Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations (SVO) division, the 2016 Holland & Holland Range Rover adds subtle, yet significant updates to the flagship Range Rover SVAutobiography, including:
- Unique Holland & Holland green exterior paint treatment – the brand’s signature color
- Distinctive body colored front grille and door handles
- Holland & Holland badging on the side vents and tailgate
- The inside of the vehicle features specially engraved brightwork carrying the acanthus scroll design evident on many Holland & Holland products
- A unique dashboard finisher based on the diamond pattern used on the fore end of Holland & Holland rifles and shotguns
- Sustainably sourced polished French walnut veneers matching the wood used to manufacture Holland & Holland firearm stocks
- An exclusive espresso and tan interior color combination unique to the Holland & Holland Range Rover model
- Interior trimmed with extended tan leather surfaces, branded stitching on the seats, unique floor mats, luggage area cover and Holland & Holland illuminated tread plates on all four door sills
- A rear cabin featuring executive seating with 17 degrees of recline and wood trimmed, electrically deployable tables
Perhaps most significantly, the rear loadspace has been updated to include a deployable, locking, leather trimmed gun case which accommodates two firearms4 from Holland & Holland. The case, which is securely affixed to the floor, can slide forward onto the lower tailgate for easier access when needed at the sporting grounds and can be removed for added luggage space, when not in use.
“The whole SVO team is very proud of this car, a bespoke design, which perfectly meets the very particular needs of Holland & Holland customers,” said John Edwards, Managing Director of Jaguar Land Rover Special Operations. “This shows the huge potential of SVO, which encapsulates both off- and on-road performance as well as luxury and craftsmanship.”
On sale globally, the Holland & Holland Range Rover will be available in North America beginning spring 2016 and priced from $244,500.1
Range Rover SVAutobiography
Exclusively crafted by the team at the Jaguar Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations (SVO) center in the UK, the Range Rover SVAutobiography (from which the Holland & Holland Range Rover is based) is the most luxurious and powerful series-production Range Rover in the model’s 45-year history.
The Range Rover SVAutobiography features unique exterior design enhancements, an exclusive premium leather interior with unique trim finishes, as well as a specially tuned supercharged V8 engine shared with the Range Rover Sport SVR producing 550hp and 502lb. ft. of torque; an increase of 40hp and 41lb. ft. respectively, over standard Range Rover supercharged V8 models.
Customers are able to specify a unique dual-tone body color option that includes nine pre-selected color choices for the lower body, mated to a Santorini Black top, creating true distinction and individualism within the ultra-luxury SUV segment.
The 2016 Range Rover SVAutobiography also features unique hood lettering, a tailgate adorned with new SVAutobiography badging and a new front grille finished in distinctive Graphite Atlas and polished chrome, furthering its visual differentiation.
Much of the vehicle’s controls and assorted brightwork – including the start-stop surround, rotary gear selector and pedals – are machined from solid aluminum which is further finished with tactile knurling details. This detailing carries through the front and rear center consoles, with distinctive materials for the cup holder and socket covers, as well as the new armrest adjuster knobs.
Rear-seat passengers relax in luxurious executive seating complete with a beverage chiller compartment and powered deployable tables. Solid aluminum coat hooks are incorporated into the rear pillars while, on the floor, aluminum seat rail finishers and deep twist pile mohair carpet mats complete the of sumptuous luxury environment.
In the rear compartment, the Range Rover SVAutobiography offers the option of a sliding luggage floor. Made from beautifully machined aluminum and a choice of wood veneer options, the floor slides rearwards to optimize ease of use for loading and unloading cargo.
A polished SVAutobiography key fob with knurled finish adds the finishing touch. Additional bespoke options are available at the buyers request; see a local retailer for details. The Range Rover SVAutobiography is available immediately, priced from $199,495.
Latest posts by Peter Kivuti (see all)
- Meltdown and Spectre: Intel CPU security flaws - January 6, 2018
- How Bitcoin Mining Works - December 20, 2017
- Some HP laptops are hiding a deactivated keylogger - December 12, 2017