What is Inbound Marketing?
Instead of buying ads, buying email lists, or cold calling, inbound marketing focuses on creating educational content that pulls people toward your website where they can learn more about what you sell on their own accord.
Even though “inbound marketing” as a term has been around for nearly a decade and grown immensely in popularity, there’s still some confusion about what it is or what it means, or how it differs from other digital-marketing-related words like:
- search engine marketing
- content marketing
- permission marketing
- internet marketing
- online marketing
- digital marketing
- social media marketing
- web marketing
INBOUND IS AN APPROACH TO MARKETING THAT REACHES TODAY’S CONSUMER!
Get found by qualified leads online with content (website pages, blog articles, social messages) optimized for search and social media.Understand what content pulls your buyers through the sales funnel, and use that context to personalize your marketing at scale…
For more on this see presentation below by HUBSPOT
Rather than slice and dice the similarities and differences between all these terms (there’s definitely overlap among all of them), it’s simpler to define inbound marketing in three ways:
- Inbound marketing as a philosophy
- Inbound marketing as methodology
- and inbound marketing a set of tools
Latest posts by Peter Kivuti (see all)
- Banking Trojan Trickbot New Tricks - January 10, 2019
- Internet-facing endpoints are exposing businesses worldwide to a botnet which is now being used in targeted ransomware campaigns: Phorpiex worm - January 10, 2019
- How safe is your data?: Two-pronged cyber attack infects victims with data-stealing trojan malware and ransomware - January 9, 2019