[su_quote cite=”Kim Lachance Shandrow” url=”https://twitter.com/LaShandrow”]If you’re considering becoming a student entrepreneur, just like any other endeavor you undertake, you should have a clear plan — not something like a half-assed term paper hobbled together the night before it’s due. Researching the steps needed to successfully bootstrap a business from your dorm room is key.[/su_quote]
Here’s a six-step snapshot of the basics of starting up. At first glance, it looks easy, but, as many student entrepreneurs will attest, it’s very challenging, especially while juggling a course load and keggers:
- Evaluate your business skills, knowledge and goals.
- Find the business idea that suits you best.
- Research your competitors (and prepare to crush them).
- Make a stellar business plan.
- Seek out a helpful mentor.
- Register your business, open up shop and rock it.